On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Michael ODonnell
<michael.odonn...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I assume that, ideally, a 911 operator would like to
> have a conversation with the caller to better assess the
> nature/urgency of the emergency, but I also assume that's not
> strictly necessary as long as location info is included in the
> transmission, as obtained either via GPS or tower-triangulation.

  That may be illegal.

  I don't know one way or the other, but there are rules against abuse
of 911, and deliberately attaching a terminal without voice capability
might qualify as abuse.

  I'm not even sure auto-dialers with recorded messages are legal.

  Might be fine, too.  I dunno.  I'd check, if I were you.

-- Ben