I've volunteered to assist with a "pre-engineering" course at the local
high school.  The plan is to give the kids (Juniors) some exposure to
different engineering disciplines.  Some 40 days or so will be devoted
to Python and programming.

I plan on using the Waterloo
http://cscircles.cemc.uwaterloo.ca/0-introduction/
web site to get them started.  This

Detailed lessons will probably come from the early chapters in
http://www.diveintopython3.net/

I'm also planning some special topics:

      * 2's Complement Arithmetic (why -1 == x'ffffffff')
      * Public Key Encryption
      * Conversations With Servers: Sending EMail
      * Conversations With Servers: Requesting Web Page
      * Conversations With Servers: Turning a Name Into an Address
      * Peter Norvig: Spelling Corrector
      * Peter Norvig: Soduko Solver

The last two items are from Peter Norvig's web site (he's a google
honcho and AI authority)
http://norvig.com/
I'm hoping that those two example Python programs will provide some
inspiration as well as practical how-to examples.

I'm hoping for suggestions on special topics and interesting
assignments.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp