The Linux Action Show podcast used to feature an Android app pick segment
every week, and apps that help with this were commonly featured (a listener
maintained list of apps they've covered is here,
http://www.appbrain.com/app/airdroid-best-device-manager/com.sand.airdroid#descriptionsection).

Airdroid was featured and has been mentioned numerous times since, which
lets you manage files over WiFi from a web browser. http://www.airdroid.com/

For syncing, possibly either BitTorrentSync (a new syncing protocol from
the bit torrent folks, http://www.bittorrent.com/sync/get-started/mobile
) or SyncMe Wireless. AppBrain listing for SyncMe,
http://www.appbrain.com/app/syncme-wireless/com.bv.wifisync

-Shawn