I haven't touched RAW in 5+ years, but last time I did, I believe I came to
the conclusion that rawstudio and ufraw were both okay, but one was
slightly easier than the other. Unfortunately, I don't remember which was
which! I was doing much the same as you, Marc, just a bit of white balance
tweaking.