On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM, David Rysdam <da...@rysdam.org> wrote:
> One possible difficulty is the fact that this is acrylic. Acrylic melts
> if you try to cut or drill too fast. I can slow my spindle speed down,
> but I'm not sure how slow it goes. We should practice on some scraps if
> you have any.

If you can't slow it enough, can you spray-cool when drilling plastic?
I forget if you'd want wood bit or metal bit for this ?

If this particular acrylic machines at all like Luciteā„¢ (only acrylic
i've machined, in a prior century!), it also wants to be machined with
its protective adhesiver-paper cover still on, it helps prevents
chipping.  If you don't have a cover layer, shelf-paper or
packing-tape might temporarily replace it ?

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1...@gmail.com