Found this article while doing a websearch for myself (gotta do that every once
in a while...),
and thought some of you would enjoy it--it's an interesting read, actually:

        What is POSIX? Richard Stallman explains
        Discover what's behind the standards for operating system compatibility
from a pioneer of computer freedom.

        https://opensource.com/article/19/7/what-posix-richard-stallman-explains

(I got a small quote into it, from a sort of GNU maintainers'
group-reminiscence session...)

A new way (or GNU way...) of feeling olde: "I remember when all these POSIX
standard features were GNU-specific"....

--
Connect with me on the GNU social network!
<https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>