Presumably you've all seen the news *somewhere* by now: there has been a major
upheaval in the free-software community
over the last day or so, with RMS resigning from the FSF amidst a remarkable,
uh... "flurry" of controversy.

Regardless of whether one cares one way or the other about RMS per se (as an
actual person or an icon),
or whether one thinks the organization or movement needs him in (or out of)
that position...,
the way that the events seem to have unfolded (or maybe "mushroomed" is a
better term...)
have left many people dazed and confused, and even afraid.

I've taken today off from work to try to make sense out of a number of aspects
of the whole episode...;
if anyone else feels like getting together for dinner or something to work it
out together, in person,
I'm here in southern NH all day/evening. I'd really kind of like that,
actually--it's been a while....

Some links in case you have managed to miss it so far...:

        https://medium.com/@selamie/remove-richard-stallman-fec6ec210794
        https://www.fsf.org/news/richard-m-stallman-resigns
        https://sfconservancy.org/news/2019/sep/16/rms-does-not-speak-for-us/

--
Connect with me on the GNU social network!
<https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>