On 1/7/20 11:36 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
 > My first few programming jobs was as a COBOL programmer on both Burroughs
 > and IBM  mainframes in the 1970s.
 > I even was able to have lunch with Grace Hopper. In college I learned
 > Fortran and BASIC. And pdp 8 assembler.
 > I got a copy of the original K&R and learned C to wean me from COBOL.
 > As a contractor I did have 1 COBOL assignment on HP-UX.

FYI since apparently there are several of you guys here...,
I think I heard something not long ago about the GNUCobol looking to
build up a catalog of properly free COBOL programming reference material,
"to show people good code samples" etc.--since I guess the only such
archive that's known so far is the SimoTime listing, and much of _that_ is
"All Rights Reserved, look and learn but don't copy"....

Any interest? And _thoughts_ about such an undertaking?

--
Connect with me on the GNU social network!
<https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>