I just saw on hacker news that this project has some legs and I signed up
as a $5 sponsor.

https://github.com/sponsors/gitclear

It's just one of those things standing in the way of widespread linux
adoption.  I'm a lifelong vim user, don't even own a mouse, and for me the
lack of multitouch gestures are galling. Everyone benefits if more people
pick linux for their daily driver and I perceive this outstanding issue as
a blocker.  If in a year I'm still making payments I'll reconsider but in
the meantime it is an easy decision for me to kick in a coffee to these
folks every month to coordinate the effort.

  Dan Garthwaite, Manchester, NH