I went to the meeting and spoke on this bill and the one immediately following
it that was much the same (but shorter).

I concentrated on creation of local jobs instead of sending lots of cash to
Redmond and Silicon Valley, and the fallacy of thinking about short term TCO
instead of long term ROI.

I think both bills are going to be "discussed" by a committee and they asked me
(as well as several others who testified) if we would be willing to work on the
committee, and I said "of course".  I do hope that these meetings can be done
by video conferencing, as Concord is an hour's drive from my home.

The others who testified for the bills included the authors of the bills, some
people that had done some programming with FOSS and someone from the Software
Conservatory (or at least that was the T-shirt they were wearing.

There was only one person who testified against it, the person who identified
himself as the "IT guy" for the State.   I will not comment here on his
testimony.

I had sent email to David Brooks, who is the science/tech guy for the Concord
Monitor, a local newspaper, and he showed up.   I have asked him to send me a
link to the article he writes which should be coming out tomorrow.   David
thought my talk was too "geeky", but I tried to stay away from tech stuff and
talk about money, jobs and longevity of solutions.

md