Ben Scott wrote:

When I tried to check the queue for the gnhlug-org@ list,
though, I discovered that it has over 1800 messages waiting, dating
back to April.  It takes several minutes for Firefox to load and
render this page on my computer, and even then it gets truncated, so I
recommend you don't try it.

I think it's a given nobody is going to sort through 1800 messages. Is there some way (perhaps something Bruce can do from a root prompt?)
we can just purge this queue and start fresh?
So you have discovered my dirty little secret. I forgot to mention this to Bruce on Sunday. I had been approving messages and not discarding the SPAM which averages a relatively large number a day since the interface is rather slow for volume work. About a month or so ago it became essentially impossible to use the admen interface due to size of backlog.

The only valid messages that are held up are those submitted from e-mail addresses which are not subscribed in the system and those have been very few.

It takes a minimum of ten minutes a day to clear the spam. that may not sound like a lot, but it is a chore.

So yes, we need to get it purged.

Ed Lawson