On 10/25/05, Ted Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Main/PublicEditorsGroup
>>
>> The restriction mentioned on that page is no longer in effect, right?
>
> It appears Bruce re-enabled that feature, restricting use to a
> whitelist, rather than trying to maintain an infinite blacklist.

  Makes sense to me.

  It appears that the restriction is only in place on the "Www" web,
and that other webs are still open to anyone who self-registers.  I
would think it makes sense to restrict all the webs.  Otherwise,
what's keeping the spammers from reg'ing and spamming the
Organizational/TWiki /Main/etc webs instead?  That would effectively
create the "gated community" that Ted mentions.  Which, *sigh*, I
guess we have to do.

-- Ben "I hate people" Scott