On 1/12/06, guy Pardoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was out of state for a couple days this week and I got back yesterday and
> sent an announcement to the mailing list for our monthly MonadLUG meeting
> scheduled for tonight.  I realized a short while ago that the announcement
> from yesterday never seemed to go out.

  Hmmm, I received an announcement from you recently... ah, I see the problem.

  It appears you sent the message to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.  That address is *NOT* the
list address.  It is basically just an alias that sends to me and a
couple other people who admin the mail lists.  I didn't notice the
header, or I would have said something.

  To post to the list, send to: <gnhlug-announce@mail.gnhlug.org>.  If
the system sees you as an approved sender, it should go out within 10
to 20 minutes (sometimes as soon as a minute or two).  If not, the
admins will get a message telling them mail is waiting for approval.
I try to check every day, but I don't always succeed.

  To check the status of a message, use the list archives.  Available
archives are documented at:

-- Ben