I bought a Memorex mini travel drive with 1 GB (on sale at BestBuy for
$30).  I plugged it into my fc5 laptop and it auto-mounted as:
        /media/TravelDrive

I saw it had some pre-installed stuff, so I saved an image of the device
        dd if=/dev/sda of=usbmini.img

Then I deleted the fat16 partition and created an ext2 partition.  This
worked OK, BUT the usb device no longer auto-mounted.  I restored the
image recreating the original partition and simply reformatted the
partition to ext2 and labeled the partition.  It now auto-mounts to
        /media/gb       (the ext2 label)
but it will not auto unmount.

Can any one point me to the references for how this stuff should work?

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp