On 10/26/06, Ted Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At the least, we could post static pages for those domains,
explaining what they were and then offering links into the GNHLUG wiki.

 Why not just redirect them into the LUG pages which already exist on
the GNHLUG website?  For example, requesting
<http://www.centralug.org> could redirect to
<http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/CentraLUG>.

PySIG.org has been overrun by spammers and the domain owner has
offered to transfer the domain and hosting to "us" should we want it.

 Well, *something* should be done about the PySig website, as it's
still filled with wiki-spam.  Leaving it "as is" lets the spammers
win!  Feh!

 If nobody has a better idea, we can at least transfer hosting to
liberty and direct requests for www.pysig.org to
<http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/PySIG>.

Issues with name-based hosting of these domains?

 From a technical standpoint, we can create virtual hosts for as many
different websites as we want.  But someone else is going to have to
volunteer to do website and account maintenance for any new sites;
I've got enough on my plate as it is.  :)

-- Ben