On Jan 25, 2007, at 09:07, Ted Roche wrote:

Ideas?

This is the kind of work the Technology User Group in Portland does:

  http://techusergroup.org/

I heard their presentation at VAGUE in Montpelier last spring. We don't currently have an arm of GNHLUG that looks like that, though I think he who stands up to say, "me" will get thunderous applause from the rest of us.

I asked them to shout over the river to SLUG - does anybody know if that happened?

Definitely the kind of charitable non-profit work that GNHLUG and Linux/FLOSS are perfectly positioned to do. The three folks from TUG were young, energetic, idealistic, and dedicated (and drove an *awesome* Mystery Machine all the way the heck over from Portland), and they had a nice workshop/depot provided by their parent organization.

Over here we have WinCycle which gets great donations but needs to pay rent with their profits so the prices are high, and they're not huge on open source. Labor I'm sure could come from College students, Boy Scouts, etc. Anyway, just throwing out ideas - it's nice somebody actually asked.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/