Jim Kuzdrall wrote:
>     How will success be judged after a new initiative is taken to
> increase attendance at LUG meetings?
>
>     Success cannot be accurately judged without a dependable record of
> past attendance.  Fortunately, Ted Roche has been recording attendance
> figures for some time now.  How can they be used?

I believe that you are exactly right, and I have in the past copied the
numbers from the GNHLUG Wiki and loaded them into a spreadsheet for
analysis. You're also correct that the sampling size is very small and
the number of dimensions of analysis relatively large. Seasonal effects,
for example, ("everyone knows no one comes to meetings in July and
August) are questionable at best: few of our attendees are beach
bunnies, and more are likely to be snowbound than working on their
George Hamilton Tanning Butter Classic Competition tan.

I've asked the programming SIGs if they would be interested in
developing routines to scrape those pages and create data tables for
analysis. I look forward to their results.

I'd welcome your insights.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC