I've now also added the audio recordings I made.

  http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Organizational/BoardNotesAutumn2007

  I encoded using the Speex speech CODEC, which is FOSS.
http://www.speex.org/  There was already a package for it on my Fedora
6 box (possibly from a third-party repo).  It reduced the files from
65 MB to 18 MB (3.6 to 1), and doesn't sound too bad.

  Perhaps interestingly, speexenc(1) (the encoder) wasn't happy with
the Sony .WAV files my Clie generates, but it also didn't like the
Microsoft .WAV files sox(1) converted them to.  But by creating raw
PCM files, I was able to make it work, which is more than I can say
for LAME.  So I dunno what's up.  It might be operator error on my
part, or maybe a broken library on my box, or raccoons.  Once Fedora 8
is out, I'm gonna install that and see if the problems go away; if
not, I'll investigate further then.

-- Ben