While not to diminish the value of this as a goal, I've recently
upgraded my PBX to the latest Elastix (kickin' better than Trixbox,
BTW) and there's a 'Conferences' thing I can turn on, should
GNHLUG'ers want to use it until the 'real' project is done.  I should
be able to handle about a dozen connections before worrying about
capacity.  I'm pretty sure it can record the call.  I'd want to find
the best rate DID I can use for this before setting it loose.

There's also a way to add the Elastix package set to an existing
CentOS install.  Provided the CentOS is fairly recent. ;) ;) ;)
That might be a low-resistance way to get the real thing
bootstrapped, though with a shared 1Mb line among all freeloaders at
MV I'm not sure how well it'd perform.

-Bill

On May 19, 2008, at 22:13, Bruce Dawson wrote:

> As I've described in the TeleMeeting topic
> (http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Organizational/TeleMeetings),
> I've run out of time to work on this project and am looking for
> volunteers to take it over for at least the short term, and
> probably the
> long term. I apologize for any inconvenience to people and the
> group as
> a whole.
>
> It appears I spent too much time trying to debug phantom software
> glitches caused by hardware not designed for this application. (And
> various farm and work "glitches" added their impact too.)
>
> I can answer questions via email, if there are any. (I do have an
> older
> version of Asterisk that I can re-build for liberty if desired, but it
> would probably be best if whoever took over this project just built
> the
> latest version.) I think if you just go with ztdummy that you will
> avoid
> the PCI headaches I ran into.

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/