Ted Roche wrote:
> Ed called me this afternoon to set up an appointment with our summer
> intern at Franklin Pierce Law Center. Details as we firm them up...

These proceedings, for those following along, is to establish GNHLUG as
a non-profit entity in the eyes of the IRS, likely a 501c-something, or
to determine if that's not a good idea.

Had our first meeting with the intern, Lydia Liu, at Franklin Pierce Law
Center Tuesday morning. I had expected a brief meet & greet, signing a
letter of intent to work together, as that was all of the paperwork I
had been given in advance. In fact, we spent 3.5 hours reviewing a stack
of paperwork several inches thick. Both the attorney and I left with a
to-do list of items to address, and I, in turn, would like to brief the
board (and all interested members, of course) on the progress and the
next steps to take. We have homework to do if we intend to see this through.

It's summer ("and the living is easy...") but many of us have even
busier schedules than usual with vacations, travel, kids at summer camp
and so forth. I'd welcome some suggestions on how best to update the
board. Options I'm thinking of would include:

- a day (weekday or weekend) or evening phone conference call
- a meeting adjoining an upcoming LUG meeting, like Merrilug on the 17th
- a separate night meeting (the 31st is the fifth Thursday)
- or I could write this all up as the mother-of-all-emails and post to
the list.

Your thoughts and suggestions welcomed. In the meantime, I have to get
to work!

Happy Independence Day!

--

Ted Roche