On 14 Mar, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> People,
> Installing Linux on a new Dell 1300, I said that my mouse was
> a Logitech bus mouse. As you can see by the topic, it is really
> a Logitech PS/2 mouse. I thought they were the same....
> Anyway, /dev/mouse -->logibm  , which doesn't exist.
> How do I set it up from the command line, since X won't run
> without a mouse?
> TIA,

You'll need to do most of this as root;

First, remove /dev/mouse; make a new link pointing to /dev/psaux with
ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse

You'll also need to fix your /etc/X11/XF86Config; there is a section in
there title "Pointer"; you'll need to change the Protocol "Logitech"
line to Protocol "PS/2"; the device should already be set to
/dev/mouse; change that to read Device "/dev/mouse" if it doesn't
already.
--
Stephen Ryan                                        Debian GNU/Linux
Technology Coordinator