------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Virus Alert
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:11:31 -0400
From: Paul Lussier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[Note, I have sent this to many different sites, not just the folks here at
Mission Critical Linux ]

Hi all,

I have recently been made aware of a dangerous virus floating around the
internet which replicates itself via Windows Shares.  It also takes advantage
of Internet connections and modems.  I have confirmed this news with both the
FBI's NIPC (National Infrastructure Protection Center) site, and the
SANS (System Administration and Network Security) site.  This is a real alert,
not a hoax.  You can confirm this news for yourself at the following web sites:

        http://www.nipc.gov/nipc/advis00-038.htm
        http://www.sans.org/giac.htm

Following is a forward of the bulletin that SANS sent out which includes the
proper defensive actions to take.  Should you discover that you are a victim
of this attack, do not hesitate to let me (or your local systems
administrator) know.

Thanks,

Seeya,
Paul