People,
I have a tcpdump question. I am trying to pin down a network access
problem, & used tcpdump to look at packets from my windoze machine.
Yes, the app only runs on windoze. If I had the time, I'd see if the w95
Netscape w/ windoze only plugins runs under wine, but for now....

Anyway, the problem: when I say tcpdump host foo, it says
Kernel filter, protocol ALL, datagram packet socket
tcpdump: listening on all devices
and only shows arp or netbios->dgm.
When I say tcpdump port 80, it gives the same message, &
shows local LAN port 80 activity. I used to use this all the time,
& don't remember this behaviour.

Red Hat 6.1, mostly upgraded to 6.2
kernel 2.2.12-20
tcpdump-3.4-16

Trying to check why Netscape can't get thru firewall /
proxy to get to remote site. It sees everything except
a site with port 21459.

Bob Sparks
Linux enthusiast (sounds better than loud mouthed fanatic)