On Thu, 18 May 2000, Thomas Charron wrote:

>   Has anyone managed to get the Perl DBD drivers for MySQL to compile and
> install under RedHat 6.2?  I have mysql and mysql-devel installed, but
> apperently the perl package requires many of the include files that mysql-devel
> simply does not include during the install.  I have many things running under
> this instance of the DB, and I'd hate to have to go thought the trouble of
> dumping all of the data, uninstalling the RPM, and installing MySQL myself from
> a source tarball.  mysql-perl is also pretty much worthless for me, becouse it
> does *NOT* include the DBD intrefaces, but the raw MySQL interface.  I managed
> to find the mandrake version of the Msql&Mysql DBD drives, but they are built
> against Mandrake, who apperently has the sanity of going to Perl 5.6, which RH
> has yet to go to..

Working fine here, but I did install mysql from source (Shame on you Tom!
The latest 3.23.x release even has replication support)

My guess is the RPM puts the mysql include dir in some wierd place... did
you specify the right place when you install DBD::Mysql?

Install from source. It's not that bad:

mysqldump <database> > database.sql
configure
make
make install
mysql_install_db
restart mysql
run mysql and "source database.sql"

No more problems and the installation will make sense.

--
Niall Kavanagh, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
News, articles, and resources for web professionals and developers: