> Next, a philosophical question.  Should I be using the nice interfaces Turbo
> Linux has or should I get down and dirty with the cfg files?

   My advice would be to get dirty, for several reasons: First, you don't
have to worry about the mouse working. :-)

   But also, if you're in the habit of handling the native config files you
open up more remote maintenance possibilities.  You'll also find that the
config files are more "generic" -- your skills will migrate easier if you
decide to switch distributions to one which uses a different GUI admin tool.

--
 Regards,                | Daily Diary: I recompiled my OS kernel today.