That frood Ken Ambrose sassed:

> Brian Chabot wrote:
>
> > You know when you boot a *nix, how you get to watch all the nifty
> > notices scroll past, but miss some and end up looking them up in
> > /var/log?  Well, miss no more... you can use a mouse to scroll back
> > through them.
>
> FYI, you *can* scroll through them: <shift><pageup>.  Works for all Linux
> variants I can recall; I believe it's core kernel functionality.

Unless of course you're on a redhat system, which uses (by default)
mingetty, which clears the screen right after the boot sequence.  You
can disable this stupidity by editing /etc/inittab and adding
--noclear to your first mingetty entry.

--
We sometimes catch a window, a glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination stringing us along?