On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Benjamin Scott wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Bourdon, Bruce wrote:
> > I left the system alone in X for hours Saturday. When I returned the hard
> > drive was running continuously and it took about ten seconds for the mouse
> > pointer to move in response to physically moving the mouse.
>
>   This sounds like something is leaking memory over time.  Screen savers are
> good at this, as are some window managers (*cough* Enlightenment *cough*).
> I've even seen the X server itself grow larger over time.  You might try
> logging out and back in again; see if that makes a difference.
>
>   Some one else pointed out that this might also simply be a scheduled job
> kicking in.

Also, was Netscape running?  I know the 4.75 version I have leaks
memory like a sieve, need to shut it down & restart it at least once a
day, or see similar to what you saw.

jeff
Jeffry Smith      Technical Sales Consultant     Mission Critical Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   phone:603.930.9739 fax:978.446.9470
Thought for today:  bixen pl.n.

 Users of BIX (the BIX Information eXchange,
   formerly the Byte Information eXchange). Parallels other plurals
   like boxen, VAXen, oxen.