At 08:22 PM 11/21/2000 -0500, Rob Yelle wrote:

try moving your windows partition to your second partition.  fdisk and/or
disk druid can't make bootable partitions beyond the 1024 cyl.  i think
that's your problem.  if you use partition magic you can easily do
this...although i'd do it over night because 20 gigs is going to take a
long time to move around. :-)

i'm just a bit confused about the respect for your boss part....does he use
the computer also?  where do you work...can i get a machine like that?

~kurth

>Thjis is my first solo try at dual boot install.
>I would like to build a dual boot system at work.
>I have taken a new job and have been bestowed with a pIII 700  with
>196meg of memory and a 20 gig drive.
>This is the standard desktop for the shop so please stop laughing.
>They have graciously given me the go ahead to install linux as a second
>OS.
>I am going to use redhat 6.2 because I have a copy of it from my old
>job.
>
>I have partitioned the drive into 2  (10 gig for the windows fat32
>partition and 10gig for the linux)
>I have run into a snag very early on in a custom install
>when I get to the partitioning piece of the redhat install it says the
>/boot partition is too big.
>here are the parameters I'm setting
>
>set 10gig partition fat32 partition to /win2000
>delete second 10 gig partition to free up space
>then
>set 50meg to /boot
>set 200meg to <swap>
>set 1500meg to /   "root" (its big but I have plenty to spare)
>set 4gig to /usr
>
>thats all I set and it complains that the boot disk partition is too
>big.
>I am not able to continue
>
>I do not want to blow away the windows (respect for my boss)
>
>Thanks
>Rob from no.weare

Kurth Bemis - Network/Systems Administrator, USAExpress.net/Ozone Computer

Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
your monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on
a web site, and you must change them very often. --Seen in sig.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth
PGP key available - http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth/pgp

Fight Weak Encryption!  Donate your wasted CPU cycles to Distributed.net
(http://www.distributed.net)