On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Paul Lussier wrote:
> What I find interesting is that there is both an 'offline' command and a
> 'rewoffline' command.  As if you could eject the tape without rewinding by
> using the 'offline' option, which isn't the case that I know of.

  Well, it is theoretically possible that you could eject a two-spool cassette
tape without rewinding it first.  Whether that works under Linux or not, I
dunno.

  Actually, it is theoretically possible to eject a single-spool cartridge
DECtape without rewinding it first.  But it ain't pretty.  ;-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>