Hey folks here's a warning.

I'm running a 2.2 kernel with KDE 1.mumble and several times now
my /dev/dsp has turned into a regular file.  I've finally discovered
that the "play" command deletes the special file if it's asked to play
a directory.  Then, no matter what you ask it to play later, it creates
/dev/dsp as a regular file.  I don't know yet what other circumstances
cause it to delete the /dev/dsp, but I'd bet there are some.

I'm looking for the source code now to see if I can fix it.  Else I'll
write my own.

--
Standard is better than better.  If your web page cares what browser I'm using
it's broken.