Here's a site I found real helpful as a starting point in getting my
wavelan (Lucent Orinoco) setup going.  Lots of info and links to other
wireless chipset driver sites as well.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

BTW, I've found that if you're really concerned about security such that
you'd like the Lucent "Gold" card w/ 128bit encryption, you can replace
the RG1000's native "Silver card" w/ another gold card.  If you don't
really care (or don't want to pay for another card), though, they will
interoperate.

Finally, if you don't want to even think about running Windows just so
you can set up your RG1000, here's a link to a java app that runs on
linux to configure the unit (also works with the Apple Airport Base
Station).

http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/index.html

Hope this helps,

hlh

P.S. has anyone had any luck w/ getting a card to "wakeup" after
suspending a laptop.  I ended up writing a script to bring down the
network and card services first and then re-starting when coming out of
suspend but this seems rather kludgy.  BTW, the laptop in question is an
IBM 600e.