At 09:06 AM 12/21/2000 -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:

I talked to peter and he said that he'd love to do a "tag team"
presentation on qmail for the meeting.  Jet let us know the details....Is
there a  ether connection or other means of Internet connection at Martha's
Exchange?

~kurth

>In a message dated: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:44:41 EST
>Kurth Bemis said:
>
> >BTW for those of you that use sendmail....forget it...qmail is sooooo much
> >faster and a lot easier to install....i fought with sendmail for 2
> >days....then installed qmail in a few hours. :-) (thanks pete)
>
>I don't think that's necessarilly a fair thing to say.  Rather I would have
>phrased it:
>
>         "For those of you who are still fighting with sendmail and can't seem
>         to get it working right, I highly recommend qmail..."
>
>Keep in mind, with every decision you make about environment design comes
>tradeoffs.  Sendmail is the most powerful, flexible, and configurable MTA
>available. qmail is good.  It's small, fast, and easy to install.  However,
>there are a lot of things Sendmail can do that qmail cannot.
>
>There are many people out there who have been using sendmail for years which
>do not feel that it's that hard to set up and get it working properly.  There
>are also those who don't need Sendmail's flexibility and power, and other
>MTAs
>like qmail, postfix, etc. will be perfect for.
>
>On that note, would you be interested in presenting to the Nashua chapter a
>small talk on qmail, it's pros, cons, etc. in March? :)
>
>Thanks, we all look forward to learning from your experiences :)
>--
>Seeya,
>Paul
>----
>            I'm in shape, my shape just happens to be pear!
>
>         If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Kurth Bemis - Network/Systems Administrator, USAExpress.net/Ozone Computer

People disagree with me.  I just ignore them.
         -- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth
PGP key available - http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth/pgp

Fight Weak Encryption!  Donate your wasted CPU cycles to Distributed.net
(http://www.distributed.net)