Benjamin Scott wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Kenneth E. Lussier wrote:
> > I am looking for an IPSEC VPN appliance.
>
>   Heh heh heh... those things are appealing sometimes, eh?  :-)

Oh, *VERY* appealing.... I like them far better than the do-it-yourself
systems sometimes. Doing it yourself with something like FreeS/WAN is
great, and it can meet all of your needs (with some serious effort), but
it generally becomes an administrative nightmare when more users need
remote access. The appliances are usually easy to configure, and user
setup is pretty easy as well.

> > Management want's it to be inexpensive.....
>
>   This is going to be a tough one.  I don't really think such a thing exists.

Yeah, well, I know that and you know that...... ;-)

>   VPNet VSU-100 (http://www.vpnet.com)
>
>   Dunno yet if any of these work with Linux, though.

I am told by the people at VPNet that their VSU products, while they
don't have an actual Linux-based client, do support FreeS/WAN
interoperability because they use the same IKE and Pluto implimentation.

FYI,
Kenny
--
Kenny Lussier