I received a lot of responses to my question about IPSEC appliances, and
thanks to all for the information. Between the responses that I got from
this list and from the Linux-IPSEC mailing list, as well as my own
research, I have found several systems that are either 1) compatible
with both Windows and Linux or 2) compatible with itself as a gateway to
gateway device (which is more desirable in some cases). Since other
people might be interested, here is a compilation of some of the better
appliances that I found:

Cisco Concentrator 5001 (formerly Compatible Systems Intraport server):
Price: 13K
Windows and Linux Clients (Linux client is a binary-only module
user-space application)
100 Simultaneous connections
Also does firewall/NAT/routing

Nortel Contivity Extranet Server 1510: