What distro are you using?  My immediate thought, if you don't need it set up
the way it was, is to recreate the printer in the printcap from scratch.  I'd
install CUPS & gtklp (what I have at home), then define it as a remote
printer, and not bother with all the spooling stuff, but let the printer
handle it (since it is postscript).  I've got my home postscript printer set
up this way, through an HP Ethernet interface card.

Another issue that may be rearing it's head is what the Asantetalk box is
doing to convert from ethernet to appletalk. Appletalk over ethernet is
possible (and there is a package available for Linux called Netatalk for
this), but it's possible the Asante box was set up to do a full conversion,
and now it's not?

I've not used anything like this, so I'm sort of shooting in the dark, but I
hope this helps.

--
jeff smith