One of the great mysteries of the DNS world is: Why do they still refer
to 'bind' as 'named' - or vice versa? BIND's program is 'named', which
is what is usually running - there is no program called 'bind'!
(However, there is a RPM package called 'bind'). The two names for the
same thing just confuses people!

At any rate: Your message is being generated by inetd; specifically, the
auth/tcp specification in /etc/inetd.conf (or whatever equivalent is on
your system). The message is saying that the service is already running.
So, you probably have S*identd in /etc/rc.d/rc*.d/ and you probably have
identd uncommented in /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf. If this is the
case, then I'd would comment out the identd line (aka "auth") in
/etc/inetd.conf and kill-HUP inetd.

--Bruce