On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Kenneth E. Lussier wrote:
> You just described Slackware. There is no package manager, everything is
> done from source (unless they have changed that).

  IIRC, Slackware comes with binaries packaged in tarballs.  The installation
just dumps the binaries into the filesystem.  After that, you're on your own.
I never liked that approach, myself.  It makes upgrades a real pain.  But hey,
I guess some people like it.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>