I have RH 6.2.  I ran up2date this morning, and it repeatedly
blew out with package location problems.

So I tried to update up2date, and ended up having to download/
install about half-a-dozen packages to get up2date-2 going.

Now that is done, and it *still* is not working, although
at least it is now telling me what the problem is.

I have it configured to ignore/skip 'kernel*', but here is
what I get:

# up2date -l

Retrieving list of all available packages...

Removing installed packages from list of updates...
100.0%
Removing packages marked to skip from list...
100.0%
Getting headers for available packages...
100.0%
Removing packages with files marked to skip from list...
100.0%
Getting headers for skipped packages...
30.0%
There was a fatal error communicating with the server.
The message was:
Unable to access RPM package: ['kernel-headers', '2.2.16', '3', '']

So my questions are two:

1. What is wrong that causes the error?
2. WTH is up2date getting headers for things I told it to
   skip??
--
#ken    P-)}