On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Matthew J. Brodeur wrote:
> According to the "Chroot-BIND HOWTO" ...

  Huh.  It never occurred to me to go look for one.  I just Read The Friendly
Manual.  :-)

  It says something about (1) BIND's security history and (2) your average
Linux distro's security that there is a HOWTO just to chroot() bind.

> OpenBSD intoduced the '-a' flag which "Specif[ies] a location where
> syslogd should place an additional log socket."

  But then, maybe I should have gone looking.  :-)

> Thanks again, Ben, for actually making this task look as easy as it
> should be.  The HOWTO is a great document, but just verbose enough to be
> daunting.

  The HOWTO has to be a generic document.  What I posted was essentially a Red
Hat Linux 6.2 cookbook.  I had it much easier.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>