  Ken> Hiya -- I'm trying to build some stuff from source RPMs, and I
  Ken> don't know how to do configure options, and I don't off-hand
  Ken> see it in the manpage, either.  Specifically, I want to do a
  Ken> configure --without-authldap but I have no idea how to do this
  Ken> with a source RPM.  Do I actually have to unzip everything and
  Ken> do the configure by hand?  This seems unlikely, but "never say
  Ken> never."

  Ken> Thanks...

I think you can do that without opening up the package, Ken.  Take a
look at the %configure macro in /usr/lib/rpm/macros.  It would seem
you could put a modified version of that macro in the .rpmmacros file
of the home directory where you do the builds.

If you try it, I'd be interested to know whether it works.

Mike

(Posted from a two hour old Mandrake Cooker installation.  Might as
well get mail tested.)