In a message dated: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 23:56:28 EDT
"Kenneth E. Lussier" said:

>So, in my .forward, I have tried "|hldfilter",
>"|/usr/lib/sm.bin/hldfilter", "|/usr/local/bin/hldfilter", as well as
>all three without the "|". I'm at a bit of a loss, here. The easy thing
>would be to not use smrsh, but I'm not about to change that ;-)

Why not avoid the whole problem and reconfigure sendmail to use
hldfilter as the local MDA?  It should be a simple 1 or 2 line change
in the .cf file, or you should be able affect the same behaviour with
an M4 macro.

The cf entry looks something like:

Mprocmail,  P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=DFMSPhnu9, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -m $h $f $u

In theory, you should be able to change all the occurances of
'procmail' to 'hldfilter' (changing paths as appropriate).  The
options in the 'A=' line would probably be different for hldfilter as
well.

--

Seeya,
Paul