On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Bill Sconce wrote:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >
> > Benjamin Scott wrote:
> > >
> > >   I know we have some still-DECies-at-heart on this list, as well
> > > as some Alpha people... do you guys know anything?
> >
> > Only that CPQ evidently acquired stupidity as a core competency
> > along with everything else from Digital. }-(
>

> A number of articles leading off from this page deal
> with the selloff:
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/

For those we are not aware, theinquirer is somebody who left (or was asked
to leave) from the Register (www.theregister.co.uk). I place their
credibility somewhere around that of "The Weekly World News", you know the
one you find in the suppermarket checkout lines?

> "VMS on the Itanic!  F***."   (IT manager, Swiss bank)

I read a comment from one poor guy who'd just finished the VAX->Alpha
migration 6 months ago!

--rdp

--
Rich Payne