Color me confused.  Just upgraded to 2.4.6 (this may be a superfluous
detail), and finally got all my stuff working again.  Fired up XMMS, and
now, no matter where the volume indicator is, it's the same.  0% to 100%,
no difference.  What'd I do?  I mean, how am I supposed to live if I can't
crank Linus interviews?!  (Note: the volume appears to have this issue
across all applications, inasfar as I can tell.  This is both with and
without ESD running.)

Thanks,

-Ken