All,

I admit to not being the most knowledgeable person when it comes to
IMAP, so the fact that I need to ask a few stupid questions comes as
no surprise to me. So, here goes:

I have IMAP (IMAP4rev1 v12.264) running out of inetd on the same
system as sendmail. From the client, I can send and receive mail just
fine. If I ssh to the mail server, I can create a file, and then on
the client I can subscribe to that file (folder) and move mail into
it. However, from the client side, I cannot create mail folders. If I
try to create a "folder" named `test`, I get an error that says: "The
current command did not succeed. The mailserver responded: CREATE
failed: Can't create mailbox node /home/kenny/mbox: File Exists.".

So I have two questions:

1) Is there a better way to run imapd instead of running it out of
inetd?

2) Why can't I create "folders" from the client side?

TIA,
Kenny