Benjamin Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> enquired:

>>>  Does anyone know if this fixes "all" the major issues
>>> with the 2.4 VM, of just "some" of them

http://lwn.net/2001/0927/a/2.4.10.php3

http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0109.3/0009.html
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0109.3/0023.html

There is a lot of other discussion about VM in the lkml archives,
but the two URLs immediately above address 2.4.10 specifically.

I had 2.4.10 working at home, but managed to scronge my system
big time by adding a CD-RW drive yesterday. Once I get SuSE 7.2
reinstalled on another partition and get back on my feet, I'll let
you know if 2.4.10 is any good. It seemed to be, and I think my
issues are related to the way SuSE configures stuff, not the kernel.

HTH,

Bayard