I don't know how to do exactly this, but I do know how to map Keystrokes
to Button clicks using the MouseKeys functionality:

#!/bin/sh

# From X11 MouseKeys feature, see /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/compat/mousekeys

echo "Press the \"Home\" key to toggle this feature on and off"
echo "Press the \"End\"  key to simulate a Button1 doubleclick"

xmodmap -e "keycode  97 = Pointer_EnableKeys"   # Home key for toggling
xmodmap -e "keycode 103 = Pointer_DblClick1"    # Map End to doubleclick 1

# one could use 103 => 115 to use the Left Windoze Flag button.

So, after running the above, you would hit "Home", hear a long beep,
then hitting "End" send DblClick1.  Hit "Home" again to get back to
normal "End".

I use the above sort of thing to simulate various button clicks and
even drags on my laptop (I remap those stupid windows "only" keys 115,
116, and 117).

With a little playing around you could get this to map Button 2 to
to Pointer_DblClick1, but I don't see how.  I imagine it could be done...

HTH,

Karl