Thanks for sending this in. I was wondering how difficult it would be.

BTW: I've added this to the CentraLUG FAQ list at:

    http://www.centralug.org/news

--Bruce

"Thomas M. Albright" wrote:

OK, I got the wireless card working in Linux. Here's how.

First I had to go to the ORiNOCO Web Site:
http://www.orinocowireless.com and get the latest drivers.

Next I went to http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net and got the latest
PCMCIA package. When I unpacked that it created the directory
pcmcia-cs-3.1.29

I copied the ORiNOCO drivers package (WLLI610.TGZ) there and unpacked
that.

Then I ran three commands:
make config
./Build         <- Came with WLLI610.TGZ
./Install       <- Came with WLLI610.TGZ

Once that was done, I removed /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts (Actually, I
just renamed it...) and edited /etc/pcmcia/config.opts by inserting
        # Options for the ORiNOCO driver
        module "wavelan2_cs" opts "network_name=[yeah, right]"

Then I just restarted pcmcia (/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart) and I'm golden
:)

--
Thomas M. Albright
Albright Enterprises - "The Small Business Solution"

For the latest CodeMeta news, go to http://www.codemeta.com/news .
For my personal news, go to http://www.milessmithfarm.net/news .