In a message dated: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:29:31 EST
Greg Kettmann said:

>So, is my history correct?

No.

Only if you were an Excite@Home customer.

Because E@A is shutting off it's services because they're bankrupt.

>I thought the AT&T purchase was completed at least a year ago.  I did get a
>letter in the mail, from AT&T, with the usual platitudes regarding the
>Excite@Home situation, indicating some sort of tie to Excite@Home.

AT&T owns 23 percent of E@H.  They migrated many of E@H's customers
to their own network, but many others are still independantly
serviced by E@H.

You can keep up with this and all the other really
irrelevent-to-anything news by browsing slashdot once a day or so :)

--

Seeya,
Paul

                          God Bless America!

        ...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
                and we never stop trying to be better.
                       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon