Hey, here's another approach:

if [ "$LOG" = '' ] ; then
  LOG=gralog.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` ; export LOG

  cat >/tmp/temp.sh.$$ <<EOF
#!/bin/sh

exec "$0" "${@}"

EOF
  chmod +x /tmp/temp.sh

  SHELL=/tmp/sh.$$  ; export SHELL

  exec script /tmp/$LOG
fi

# do a bunch of stuff

if [ "$LOG" != '' ] ; then
  rm -f $0
fi

I included the temporary shell script because I think that "script"
will rightly freak out if I included the arguments in the SHELL
variable.

Hope this helps,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark (CetaceanNetworks.com!kclark)  |
Cetacean Networks, Inc.                       |   Give me a decent UNIX