At http://news.gnhlug.org/article.php?sid=226 is:
I''m still thinking about this. There are some problems:

    * The email (and not the "fake email") in the user''s PHP-Nuke
      account would have to be identical as the one they gave to
      [EMAIL PROTECTED] - otherwise the mail would be rejected by
      the mailing list.

    * What do we do with the rejects? (Checking for these would increase
      the overhead of running the site).

    * People using the site because it hides email addresses would feel
      violated if the site exposes their email to the mailing list.

Ideally, our "mailing list portal" hack should be a PHP-Nuke module, but
I don''t really have the time to turn it into one. Besides, it requires
some changes to the "core" scripts, and the PHP-Nuke maintainer has a
reputation of ignoring change requests.
A possible solution is to include their web site identity in the subject
line - but that could make for extraordinarily long subject lines.
Or I could put their identity in the comment part of the from address
[From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bruce Dawson)]
I just need feedback and/or ideas from those concerned!